Cross My Heart Books
Last Updated: December 14, 2020
- GENERAL PRIVACY NOTICE
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We may collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other personal information you directly give us on our Site or pertaining to a purchase order (“Purchase Order”), such as your billing address, shipping address, and payment information such as your credit card number or other electronic payment information though payment platforms such as Paypal, Shopify, Kajabi, Etsy, or Square.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources, such as but not limited to Google, Facebook, Instagram, Shopify, and Amazon. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Their privacy policies may be found here:
Information Automatically Collected. We may automatically log information about you and your device. For example, when visiting our Site, we may log your device operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. We may also use similar types of data files such as web beacons, tags, and pixels.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information as follows:
- We may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We may use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- We may use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We may use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We may use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We may use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We may use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We may use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses may be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or other transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts, purchases, and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. Please note that if you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
We do not currently alter online tracking in response to Do Not Track signals. We are not required to alter our online tracking per California law; we are only required to inform you of our response to Do Not Track signals.
CCPA Privacy Notice
Company is not in the business of selling your personal information, and as of the Date of this Policy, Company does not believe that it meets the requirements to classify it as a “business” under the provisions of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Nevertheless, in the event that Company operations change or data is inadvertently acquired that classifies Company as a “business” under the CCPA, this CCPA Privacy Notice (“Notice”) sets forth that Company and any affiliates (“we”, “us” and, “our”) may have disclosure obligations under California law, including the CCPA.
What You May Request Under the CCPA
You may request that the Company disclose to you what personal information we have collected, used, shared, or sold about you, and why we collected, used, shared, or sold that information. Specifically, you may request that Company disclose:
- The categories of personal information collected
- Specific pieces of personal information collected
- The categories of sources from which Company collected personal information
- The purposes for which Company uses the personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom the Company shares the personal information
- The categories of information that the Company sells or discloses to third parties
If we qualify as a “business” under the CCPA, we must provide you this information for the 12-month period preceding your request, free of charge.
How You Submit Your Request to Know Under the CCPA
You may email crossmyheart.com to make your request. While we do not anticipate the case, if our designated method of submitting requests to know through email at crossmyheart.com is not working for some reason, please notify us in writing at the following address:
Cross My Heart Books
116 S, Lincoln
Casper, WY 82601
Right to Delete Personal Information Under the CCPA
If we qualify as a “business” under the CCPA, you may request that Company delete personal information we collected from you and to tell our service providers to do the same. However, there are many exceptions that allow us to keep your personal information, these include:
- To complete your transaction, provide a reasonably anticipated product or service, or for certain warranty and product recall purposes
- For certain business security practices
- For certain internal uses that are compatible with reasonable consumer expectations or the context in which the information was provided
- To comply with legal obligations, exercise legal claims or rights, or defend legal claims
- If the personal information is consumer credit reporting information, or other types of information exempt from the CCPA
- Company cannot verify your request
Please contact us via email at crossmyheartbooks.com to make a request to delete your personal information.
Right to Opt Out of Sale Under the CCPA
As previously stated, Company does not sell Personal information. However, if you believe that any such sale of Personal Information has occurred through Company or any affiliates of Company, you have the right to request to opt-out from future “sales” of your Personal Information. You may submit an opt-out request by emailing Company at email@example.com
Right to Non-Discrimination Under the CCPA
We cannot deny goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services just because you exercised your rights under the CCPA.
However, if you refuse to provide your personal information to us or ask us to delete or stop selling your personal information, and that personal information or sale is necessary for the Company to provide you with goods or services, we may not be able to complete that transaction.
We can also offer you promotions, discounts and other deals in exchange for collecting, keeping, or selling your personal information. If you ask Company to delete or stop selling your personal information, you may not be able to continue participating in the special deals may offer in exchange for personal information.
- VISTORS TO THE SITE AND PURCHASERS FROM AUSTRALIA
If you are a visitor who accesses our Site or makes a Purchase Order from Australia, please note that we are subject to the operation of the Privacy Act 1988 (“Australian Privacy Act”).
We do not currently collect “sensitive information” as it is defined in the Australian Privacy Act nor encourage you to provide any of this information to our Sites. Sensitive information includes such items as racial or ethnic origin, as well as political or religious beliefs.
We may ask for Personal Information on our Site necessary to complete a purchase of our products and services. If you do not provide us with your Personal Information or block your consent, we cannot guarantee that we can provide our products or services to you.
Our contractors and subcontractors are required to follow the Australian Privacy Act policy with respect to Personal Information.
We may use your Personal Information for direct marketing. If we do, we will ensure you have our consent, in good faith we believe you reasonably would expect us to use your personal information for that purpose, or we believe in good faith you may benefit from the material but obtaining consent would be unfeasible.
You may opt out of our marketing to you when you unsubscribe. However, we may provide you with information that is not “direct marketing” under the Australian Privacy Act, such as account information, changes to terms, or notices about your Purchase Order, authorized by the Australian Privacy Act and the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
We are located in the United States, and your information is stored here in the United States. We may in the future have operations in Canada and the European Union; your Personal Information may be disclosed there.
If after emailing us and attempting to resolve the issue, and you are still unsatisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- VISTORS TO THE SITE AND PURCHASERS FROM CANADA
This section of the POLICY is applicable to visitors and purchasers in Canada. This notice is meant to address our obligations under Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
What We Do with Personal Information Under PIPEDA
1. Personal Information
Your personal information includes basic information such as your name and address. By using this Site, you are giving your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information when you provide this information to us.
2. Collection of Personal Information Under PIPEDA
When we collect information, it is typically related to the product or service we are providing. We may collect, use and exchange personal information for product and service purposes when an individual is making a purchase or browsing our Site. One reason we may do this is to assess risk. We also may collect, use and exchange personal information to detect and report fraud.
If you deny us collection of your personal information, we cannot guarantee that we can still provide you with our products and services.
3. Use of Personal Information Under PIPEDA
Company may also obtain your data from third parties, and to do that these third parties must have proper consent to the use and disclosure of personal information for this purpose.
4. Retention and Accuracy of Personal Information Under PIPEDA
Personal information is kept only for so long as is required, in accordance with our records retention policy and legal and regulatory requirements. If personal information is no longer required, we may destroy it. However, the law may require that we need to keep this information. In that case, we will not destroy it.
5. Protection of Personal Information Under PIPEDA
We typically receive personal information when you purchase products or services or sign up to be a user on our Site. We create an electronic file for the purpose of delivering our products and services to you. We take precautions to secure your personal information.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information Under PIPEDA
Company may disclose personal information with other contractors, partners, and service providers. We also share information to combat fraud; where permitted or required by law; or at the request of government regulators. We do not as of the Date of this policy sell our customer list, but we may share or sell our customer list in the future to other organizations for marketing purposes. We do ask these other parties to comply with PIPEDA in relation to their use of personal information, which we may give to provide our products and services to you.
9. Contacting Us Under PIPEDA
You may also contact us via mail:
Cross My Heart Books
116 S, Lincoln
Casper, WY 82601
- VISITORS TO THE SITE AND PURCHASERS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION
- CONTACT INFORMATION.
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may contact us at crossmyheartbooks.com or you may also contact us at our address:
Cross My Heart Books
116 S, Lincoln
Casper, WY 82601